The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

panic! late freeze

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Pan Baked Pork| Next thread: pansies »
Back to Thread index
by thumbs on April 29, 2005 10:54 PM
I planted several tender annuals in a 12X15 ft bed about a week ago. I just heard that we may have a freeze tonight! How do I protect the flowers? It's supposed to get down to 31 degrees for just one night.
by auntnene on April 29, 2005 11:01 PM
Well.... I went out and covered mine with straw and tonight I will cover that with a tarp. Then... I pray. [tears]

Please God, make me as good as my cat thinks I am!
by phoenix on April 29, 2005 11:03 PM
[wayey] thumbs
what if you made a tent out of plastic you can use stakes or long sticks to support the plastic above the plants,being careful to not let the plastic touch the plants,and you could put hay or straw around the plants to help also.
i hope this will help you [Wink]

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by JV on April 30, 2005 03:42 PM
[wayey] Thumbs I don't know what part of Texas your in I am in DFW midcities area. I keep a roll of burlap for that very reason late season freeze. If your in the panhandle you can use this also cover with newspaper to hold in the heat and plastic to shield from cold winds. I did that when I lived in Amarillo so should work for you. [flower]

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pan Baked Pork| Next thread: pansies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: