The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

squirrels

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: SQUIRRELS!| Next thread: Squirrels & Bird feeders... »
Back to Thread index
by auntnene on May 25, 2005 12:16 AM
The squirrels are digging up my vinca out of my pots and carrying it off. If I could shoot them, I'd have squirrel for dinner [Mad]

What can I use in the pots to keep them away... the cat hair doesn't faze them. I swear I see them [Razz] , at me.

[devil]

Please God, make me as good as my cat thinks I am!
by phoenix on May 25, 2005 12:44 AM
maybe a realistic looking "statue" of an owl or other large predatory bird??

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by auntnene on May 25, 2005 02:41 PM
Oh darn! I just saw one at a garage sale and passed it up. I'll see if I can find one. I'm not much for owl statues but I love my flowers so I'll see what I can do. I need to do something fast... my vinca is being drug off all over the yard. They are leaving their winter stash in it's place.... the little buggers [Mad]

Thanks! [Smile]

Please God, make me as good as my cat thinks I am!
by phoenix on May 25, 2005 04:51 PM
[wayey] auntnene
they do the same thing to me [Mad] the little buggers. just when i think i have scared them off i wake up in the morning and i look at all my planters and the "hit" me durning the night or while i'm at work. i've tried animal fur, some of my own hair but there doesn't seem to be anything that will really work. my mum suggested the statue to me. i haven't gotten one yet but it's worth a try to save the plants good luck [thumb]

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by RonAR on June 05, 2005 05:25 AM
they are easy to trap.

get a raccoon trap. place birdseed (they love it) on the far end, they walk into it.

In 4 days I caught 8. Now I see them in my neighbor's yard, but they are not in mine.

Ron
by oreofur on June 07, 2005 01:02 AM
Yes!!! A scare snake works....also, tobacco dust works too good luck!!!

Oreofur

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: SQUIRRELS!| Next thread: Squirrels & Bird feeders... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: