The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

wolf spiders

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: With the help of Phoenix| Next thread: Wollemi Pine »
Back to Thread index
by ladybug69 on April 02, 2005 02:07 AM
can anyone give me ideas to stop the wolf spider from getting in my home? I have a 4 yr old and if she seen one of these spiders it would scare her.... I need ideas on what to put down that wont harm her or my neice. thanks

ladybug69
by tkhooper on April 02, 2005 06:43 AM
there is a product called spidernot that keeps most spiders from comming indoors that I have used when I can find it. But it isn't easy to find.

When I first used it I thought it was going to damage the walls but it drys on them and after that the spiders weren't seen again.

Good luck the last thing I would want to see is any of the wolf spiders in my home. I'd have a fit and i'm alot older than 4.

Tammy

-
 -
by ladybug69 on April 02, 2005 06:16 PM
thanks for the info. I dont like spiders either, but these ones really scare me too. They are ugly little critters. My stpe-daughter had one in her bed once.....lol she threw a royal fit.... I think I would have also.
[wayey] nice to meet you and again thanks.

ladybug69
by tkhooper on April 02, 2005 07:53 PM
I've forgotten where but somewhere on the forum is my story of the hand spider of Okinawa. I do through a fit when challenged by any big bug especially spiders.

Wolf is actually the family name of a group of spiders some of which are posionous and some of which are not.

They are characterized by being night preditors rather than web spinners. They can jump, and spit and are usually hairy in appearance. Are usually brown or black in color.

The taranchula(sp) is a member of this family.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: With the help of Phoenix| Next thread: Wollemi Pine »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: