The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Early plant growth

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: early daffodils!| Next thread: Early pumpkin »
Back to Thread index
by RLR on April 25, 2005 09:05 PM
I have a very small greenhouse. Everything in it tends to grow tall and lanky, instead of short, sturdy and bushy. My zinnia's grow tall and then the weight of the flower head makes the plant droop. Any advice?
by tkhooper on April 25, 2005 10:59 PM
What kind of fertilizer and how often?

looking for the set of three digits separated by -'s. Like miracle all purpose is 8-7-6 i think.

-
 -
by rozy221 on April 26, 2005 05:27 AM
not sure, but I THOUGHT that could be a sign of not enough light. But you say they're in a greenhouse-do they receive light from the sides or just the top? Or is it possible that there's something like a tree or something blocking the sun's direct rays? I dunno-just a thought until someone better versed in this stuff comes by. Good Luck. [wayey]
by RLR on April 27, 2005 06:40 PM
I use Miracle Grow All Purpose and they get light all day long, well at least when its not cloudy.
by phoenix on April 27, 2005 06:45 PM
[wayey] rlr
are the plants potted deep enough in the soil? i had a bunch of giant zinnias in a planter box that was only about 8" deep and they started to kind of flop over i moved my plants into a deeper planter and they came back fine. is the soil loose or is it packed down good?

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by mike57 on April 27, 2005 07:47 PM
HI [wayey] is your green house vented?if not there may be to much heat in it that will cause the plants to droop.also do you have to many plants in it they might be compeating against each other for light if there over croweded. maybe put a fan in to circulate the air.just a thought.your friend in gardening.mike57 [wayey]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: early daffodils!| Next thread: Early pumpkin »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: