The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

please help my rosemary!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: PLease help my Philo!| Next thread: please help my roses »
Back to Thread index
by Lorena on February 12, 2006 08:45 AM
Hi everyone...

I went out to the garden today and found my rosemary smashed. It was about 10" high. It's branches were broken off, probably by the neighbor's puppies. I transplanted it last fall from it's pot to the garden. Would it hurt it if I was to transplant it back into a pot when the ground thaws out?

Thank you,
Lorrie

-
"My Treasures do not clink
together or glitter. They gleam in
the sun and neigh in the night"

Old Arab Proverb
by comfrey on February 12, 2006 11:03 AM
I don't grow Rosemary and can not ever get it to really grow, So I can't offer any advice on this except: If it was me...I would wait until spring and see if it sprouts back out. It is a tender perennial, so it is possible that it may not come back at all either way...What zone are you in? If it sprouts back out then you could repot it, try to dig it up in a root ball (with as much dirt around the roots as possible)Until then I would place some sort of barricade around it to keep the puppies away from it & then just wait and see if it lives.

-
 -
by 4Ruddy on February 12, 2006 11:25 AM
Lorena I would have to ditto Comfrey...protect it where it is and see what happens. And it would help to know what zone you are in. I am in zone 7 and my Rosemary grows pretty hardy here....and winterizes well. The broken limbs might even make it bush out more for you...
Can you put a littl wire fence around it for now...at least till it is safe from the puppies?

Good luck with it!

~V~

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: PLease help my Philo!| Next thread: please help my roses »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: