The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

A wee place dressed up . . .

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: A very short tribute.....| Next thread: a while back »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on June 03, 2005 03:33 PM
Here's a spot where I put some goutweed. One of those corner areas that look awful. I dug out the crummy clay/sand soil and poked the goutweed in, then placed a few flat stones from the beech.

The morning glory patch is beside that.

-

Here's that patch with an umbrella - I started some bleeding heart and it seemed to droop in the heavy western sun, so I put the bumbleshoot there just to see if it made a difference.

I don't think it did, but it made for a cute picture.

-

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by tamara on June 10, 2005 01:08 PM
Very nice carly, be careful with the goutweed, mine is out of control. It has spread about 10 ft and that's with all the pulling I do to keep it half under control. It does look nice but it can choke out your plants.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by Carly on June 16, 2005 06:18 PM
Oh, I wish it would spread somewhere - our lot doesn't have much in the way of plants (stuff that isn't wild, I mean).

There are large portions that are just clay/root/muck - it's good for 'ground cover' stuff really.

There's a lot of trees - pine, manitoba maple, some spruce - the maples on the one side are big and it's impossible to do much with the ground under it.

The picture I put up with the umbrella actually shows almost all of the south part of the lot.

Here's the middle part . . .

[img=http://img290.echo.cx/img290/3341/middlelot27dt.jpg]

You can see part of the north lot in that pic - here's the north itself . . .

-

Here's the north island . . .

-

That should give you an idea of my garden space - heh! heh! Enough to do, ya' think?

Thanks to Image Shack

-

-
by Carly on June 16, 2005 06:49 PM
I don't know why that middle lot shot isn't coming up. Just click on it and it'll take you there anyway.

-
by Carly on June 19, 2005 09:51 PM
Well, the goutweed didn't take there - I planted it twice, and gave up - it obviously doesn't want any.

Here's what I've done with it since.

-

-
by Carly on June 19, 2005 09:53 PM
As you can see, I've put more stones in and placed little plants in them. I forget what I did actually - haven't even looked at it for a few days.

I put clover in my little circle.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: A very short tribute.....| Next thread: a while back »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: