The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Yep, he did

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Yellowjackets?| Next thread: YESS! got michigan bulb order today! »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on May 19, 2005 10:08 PM
Hi all,

The nieghbor planted blackberry canes. Now the question is how do I stop it from comming over into the garden area I want to garden? Any cheap suggestions? You would think the guy plans these irritations but I don't think so. I think we are just two people who should not live close to one another.
by Longy on May 19, 2005 10:24 PM
A physical barrier might be best TK. Dig a trench along the fence where the offending weed is, to the depth of your topsoil plus a few inches and put something to stop the roots coming thru. There's a product called rootgaurd available. Dunno if you can get it over there. It's like a heavy duty shadecloth. The roots hit it and can't penetrate.
by tkhooper on May 19, 2005 10:34 PM
thanks Longy,

I'm so glad you are here. I've missed you the last few days. Of course we are talking the steepest part of the slope and clay. But that figures I guess. I believe my sponsor calls people like him serenity checkers. He has certainly checked mine and found it wanting. I could try to talk to him after some serious praying I guess. I just remember his remarks about the t.v. and it's hard not to just get angry all over again.

About how long can I expect it to be before the cane are encroaching? They are maybe 5 feet from the edge of my gladiolus.
by Longy on May 19, 2005 10:45 PM
About how long can I expect it to be before the cane are encroaching? They are maybe 5 feet from the edge of my gladiolus.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm really not sure how prolifically they grow where you are TK. Suffice to say that whatever the length the new canes get to this season, the roots COULD be the same length.
It's nice you missed me the last few days. I've been travelling home from Africa. Sitting here waiting for the sun to come up on Friday morning so i can get utside and see my yard.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Yellowjackets?| Next thread: YESS! got michigan bulb order today! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: