The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Cinnamon Basil

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Cinnamon Basil| Next thread: Cinnamon Basil Porkchops »
Back to Thread index
Pages: 1 2
by tkhooper on January 21, 2006 03:10 AM
Imagine my suprise when I went to Lowe's today. They are carrying a new line of seeds this year and it includes Cinnamon Basil, Scallion White Lisbon Bunching and, Spinach Harmony Hybrid just to name three that I couldn't past up lol. I'm thrilled because this means that I have enough cinnamon basil seeds to have some for havesting the leaves and some to harvest more seeds for next year and maybe even a few for trade. I love these and have been harvesting as fast as I can trying to build up a reserve but it is hard cause I use them almost as fast as the plant grows them lol. And scallions I've wanted some of those all year but normally they are slips rather than seeds and I've never been confident enough to try getting any so for me although it will probably be two years to harvest I'm happy to have them. And since the lettuce was such a disappointment last year I can't wait to try the spinach instead. So, did I mention I'm a happy camper? Sorry I got off the subject alittle.

-
 -
by ChristinaC on January 21, 2006 03:14 AM
That's great Tammy!! I'll be looking for thai basil this year...I love asian foods and many recipes call for it. Apparently there is quite a distinct difference.

BTW...did you know that scallions are just immature regular cooking onions? I always buy a pack of regular onions and just pick them early...when they're scallions.

Christina

-
 -
by tkhooper on January 21, 2006 04:31 AM
I had no idea. I guess that means I'll let some get big lol.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Cinnamon Basil| Next thread: Cinnamon Basil Porkchops »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: