The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Cannas

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Cannas| Next thread: Cannas, »
Back to Thread index
Pages: 1 2
by tkhooper on April 24, 2005 07:22 PM
Another 'dim bulb' question

Of the 5 stems that have come up one of them is dark red. Is it still likely to be a cannas or do I have a mystery plant in the making?

I seem to have a few of those going. The herb pot has got something comming out of one of the holes in the side and I haven't a clue what it is.

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on April 25, 2005 02:42 AM
tk, i am sure it is a canna. i have some that are different shades of green/burgundy
by tkhooper on April 25, 2005 05:24 AM
Thank you,

That is outstanding. It's been disappointing this week with the loss of some of my flowers so I guess I was bracing for the worst.

-
 -
by 4Ruddy on April 25, 2005 05:47 AM
yep, TK, Jiffy is right...I have different shades (of leaves/stalks) in my canna beds...I have one 30 foot row of them...and then some other clusters here & there. The dark red/purple colored ones are really beautiful so you have a PRIZE there! And, you will probably be able to identify your herb as it starts growing more. Herbs are pretty easy to identify...if you planted them from a seed packet...the back of the packet usually has a small pic of what the herb will look like when it sprouts. I can identify herbs pretty good....I can't tell flowers from weeds! [dunno] I was afraid I pulled up some flower buds out of the wild flower garden thinking they were weeds gone crazy...I pulled them up and then thought about it and realized I didn't have any weeds that looked like that anywhere else....What a dingbell I can be! [Embarrassed]

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by tkhooper on April 25, 2005 02:10 PM
oh yea weeds,

I can identify grass and clover in its infancy but the rest are going to have to develop adult characteristic before I have a chance at them.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Cannas| Next thread: Cannas, »
Back to Thread index