The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Parsley

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Parrot Plant| Next thread: Parsley (single leaf/Italian) »
Back to Thread index
by Thiarella on April 12, 2006 11:49 PM
My next neighbor and I are both growing parsley. We bought plants instead of seeds and they are in containers. The problem is hers is very yellow and mine, the very edge of the leaves are starting to turn yellow. She waters hers every day, I don't. We live in Florida. Thanks!
by peppereater on April 13, 2006 12:08 AM
Push your finger into the soil to your second knuckle. If you can just feel moisture, it's moist enough. I suspect they're both overwatered. Let us know...if that's not the problem, we'll think of other possibilities. How long have you had them? Did you repot?

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by Thiarella on April 15, 2006 11:53 AM
She's had hers longer than I have had mine and they were both repotted into bigger containers. I watered mine when I first planted it and then again about a week or so later. Hers is starting to wilt badly.
by Thiarella on April 15, 2006 11:54 AM
Ooops I forgot to say "Thanks Dave" so thanks for your assistance. Cindy
by peppereater on April 15, 2006 12:24 PM
If it's wilting, it sounds like it needs water. Once a week is probably not enough. Please keep us posted...there are many things that can cause yellowing, but new transplants may need watering every day for a while...Pictures always help!

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by BigJimSlade on April 17, 2006 07:18 PM
I water mine once a week, but I should probably do it twice a week. I get about 30% of my stems/leaves starting to turn yellow before I use them. It's usually only the mature stems and not the brand new shoots. I also live in Florida and leave them out on the porch.
by Firstyeargardener2006 on April 18, 2006 09:49 AM
I usually water mine every other day there in direct sun. I don't know if that is a good idea, but we will see. I accidentally planted them out front with flowers. long story, but funny one. I'm not sure if I was any help.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/ladyk24/

I sit in my vegetable garden so that I can see them grow.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Parrot Plant| Next thread: Parsley (single leaf/Italian) »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: