The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

CG Garden maps, anyone?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: cestrum nocturnum pests| Next thread: Challenge update »
Back to Thread index
by Bess of the Piedmont on January 19, 2005 06:25 PM
Well, here we are in the dead of winter, and I'm looking at my annual chore of re-doing my garden map, but I'm getting tired of re-drawing the whole thing every year. Anyone know of any online garden map generators or available garden mapping programs?

-
 -
by Bess of the Piedmont on January 24, 2005 05:55 PM
Well, I went and scanned each quarter of my garden map from last year, then printed them out and taped them together. But I know that there's some kind of computer-generated garden mapping system out there, somewhere.

It would be so neat to just go in and add and delete plants from the map as needed, instead of using erasers and white-out!

-
 -
by Arctostaphylos on January 24, 2005 06:50 PM
Bess I am not sure that I am answering your question but here goes. OK there are lots of applications that will allow a user to create and print maps (CADD programs). As a landscape architect I use CADD everyday. The problem is that its just a application the user has to get all the information in there! And thats the hard work part of the issue. However once you have a file then editing is a snap (thats the payoff part). So I think you have a couple of choices. (1) stay with the tied n true paper, pencel, whiteout, and the copier. (2) pay someome who uses CADD to create your base file that you can then edit. This not only has cost implications but there are not that many folks in our area that will help with this kind of task (3) spend the time to learn a Basic CADD program and DIY.

Again I may not have grasped the point of your question but heres a responce nontheless. Best of luck, happy gardening, and congrats for keeping a plan of your garden!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: cestrum nocturnum pests| Next thread: Challenge update »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: