The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Spring-like Weather today . . .

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Spring Visitor| Next thread: Springhill Nursery-50% off sale »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on January 14, 2005 07:40 AM
So I took the day off - didn't do any computer work. Just puttered around out on the lot - I tidied up two tree areas.

It was mostly picking up wet leaves, putting them inside the sticks to give the tree some natural soil - small sticks and pinecones.

Here's my progress:

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

That stool in front of the circle? Keep your eye on that - it's the beginning of a project I'm undertaking.

Can anybody guess what it is?

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by Carly on January 14, 2005 07:46 AM
And here's the dog from the house on the other side of the driveway barking his approval:

-

-
by tamara on January 14, 2005 08:25 PM
Grass, I see grass. Carly, I thought Toronto was under alot of snow this year. Unfortunately for me I'll only start to see grass in April. Oh how sometimes I hate these Canadian winters.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by Carly on January 15, 2005 06:20 AM
Well, Tamara a few days ago Victoria, Vancouver Island had the most snowfall in Canada. Crazy weather.

We're cold again, but didn't get any more snow. Most of it was washed away with a heavy rainfall just before that nice spring day.

It's going to be cold for a few days yet - Thursday was a treat.

You know that by Sunday it could be this again:

-

Nice to meet you, fellow Canuck.

-
by Cricket on January 15, 2005 08:51 AM
Carly, I live just over an hour north of Victoria - we got dumped 3ft of snow! 3ft!!! [shocked] I moved to the Island to get away from winter! [Roll Eyes]
by Carly on January 16, 2005 07:55 AM
Awwwwwwwww! That's too bad . . . but y'know all those folks in Van look good in galoshes - hee hee!

I have two friends in Victoria - I went there in October 93 - one writes to laugh when they have mild weather - now it's me laughing.

I might come out to B. C. again this year - still humming and hawing about it. But I'll be mostly out in the mountains this time - up by Ashcroft.

BTW - we rarely get three feet of snow all at once here in Toronto. We did have a heavy snowfall about a month ago - just before that deep freeze - but it wasn't three feet - 15 to 25 cm. (That's the length of your hand, it says in Canadian Gardening).

Don't ya' wish we could get back to the civilized way of measuring things? I hate metric and never did get used to it.

-
by Cricket on January 16, 2005 09:52 AM
quote:
Awwwwwwwww! That's too bad . . .
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
quote:
Don't ya' wish we could get back to the civilized way of measuring things? I hate metric and never did get used to it
I agree! 30 years later I'm still converting back to imperial measurements. [Roll Eyes]
by Carly on January 16, 2005 05:59 PM
That was Mr. Trudeau (I believe) who arranged for us to go metric.

I voted for him - it was long before I had any inkling of how politics and government leadership really worked (didn't give a damn, really).

I voted for him cause I thought he was cute - hee hee!

-
by tamara on January 16, 2005 07:23 PM
Well we are getting another 15 cm tonight and tomorrow. [Roll Eyes] that's 6 inches on the old scale. Last year at this time we were under a deep freeze, -45*C with the wind chill. Now we are at about -25*C with the wind. [Eek!]

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by Carly on January 20, 2005 07:53 AM
Sorry, New Brunswick - I know you guys down east get more than your share of it.

It's cold here still - bit of a break today, but right back to the chill tonight.

I want to go out there and make some little snowmen about a foot high tomorrow - I should have done it today but it wasn't the packing kind of snow - it was just that wet gritty stuff.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Spring Visitor| Next thread: Springhill Nursery-50% off sale »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: