The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Christmas Bonus

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Christmas angel horns| Next thread: Christmas Bread »
Back to Thread index
by frustratedattimes on December 26, 2004 01:42 AM
Merry Christmas Everybody,
I have not been on in a while, but like a "bad penny" I will always pop up when least expected. [Big Grin]

I just had to share a huge bonus for me this Christmas. I walked into "Home Depot" on Christmas Eve, and the garden dept. was having a sale. Everything in a red pot was $0.01, thats right a penny. Between myself and my father in law, we picked up 52 trees and shrubs. Some of them were marked down from $75. There were Arizona Cypress, Emerald Green Arborvitae, and Dwarf Alberta Blue Spruce, and 2 ea. huge Holly bushes. All of them were in 5 gal. pots & larger. Now I have created some major work for myself, that I will really enjoy. No "frustration" this time. [Big Grin]

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/johncandy1005
by weezie13 on December 26, 2004 03:20 AM
Wow Frustrated,
What a good haul for you!!!
I like bonus's like that fer surrrrrrrrrre!!!!
You can't beat that one!!!!

Good luck with all that planting,
and do let us know how your back is when you're done..
*Father~in~laws back too!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Jiffymouse on December 26, 2004 05:51 PM
what an awesome christmas bonus... so happy for you! but, how did you get them all home? [dunno] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
by afgreyparrot on December 27, 2004 05:39 AM
quote:
I walked into "Home Depot" on Christmas Eve,
Right there's the reason I will never be able to get in on a good bargain!
No way I could EVER walk into a store on Christmas Eve!

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by frustratedattimes on December 28, 2004 02:31 PM
Well, I have about 1/2 of the trees planted. My arms are sore from trying to dig in this derned Georgia red clay,,,, [Mad] [nutz] [thinker] I now have an evergreen privacy screen between ourselves and one neighbor, it just needs to fill in some. I put 4 japanese cedars down one side of the house, between us and another neighbor. 2 6' holly bushes next to my deck. I still have about 9 Arizona Cypress to plant along the road. Eventually that will be a noise and privacy barrier there as well. Still, also, have 2 ea. dwarf Alberta Blue Spruce to figure out where to plant, since they are very slow growing, I may put them close to the house.

Just a hint for all you cheap gardeners,,,, check in on places like Home Depot this time of year,,, it seems they always have specials of some kind,, found a self propelled mower that was 250 bucks maked down to $120 3weeks ago, so I bought myself an early Christmas present [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
by geegeeburr on December 29, 2004 06:44 AM
That kills, frustrated! I used to work there, so I used to keep an eagle eye out for that kind of thing. I have tons and tons of beautiful ceramic planters that I got for anywhere from a penny to a dollar.

The best time for the bargains at our store was usually in mid-November, because they were clearing space for the Christmas tree lot, but we also usually had a big clearance event just before spring, to make room for the new stuff coming in.

But man, with all those plants you got, you really SCORED! [Smile]

-
by suzydaze on January 07, 2005 03:33 PM
wow what a buy. I'm with Cindy, never will I catch such a deal. I'm never out on christmas eve. [Eek!]

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by frustratedattimes on January 16, 2005 11:55 PM
Hey everybody, I am back, again. I finally put the last tree into the ground, and got mulch put all around them. It will look great once it fills all in.

"how did you get them all home?" It took two trips with my new pick up to get them all to the house. lol,, people must have thought we were nuts. [Big Grin]

It took me so long due to our trip out to Bill's neck of the woods(sorta) to spend a week with my family in SW Washington. I was able to hold my new nephew for the first time, man is he cute. 31/2 months old and he can hardly fit into 9 month clothes... he is gonna be a horse for sure.

Anyway, with all the trees in the ground now, I am itching for spring to get here to plant seeds and some more plants [Wink] . Just gotta keep my wife in the dark until its to late [devil] . She will walk outside and go, "Where did that plant come from?" I explain that plant has been there for a long time,, she just didnt notice it. [Big Grin] [lala]

We have had quite a warm spell here in Georgia,,, so that my daffodils are coming up out of the ground already,, hope a cold snap doesnt kill them.

Talk to you all later.

by afgreyparrot on January 17, 2005 01:59 AM
Hey, frustrated! [wayey]

I was thinkin' about you yesterday when I was waterin' my Mona Lavender!

Your yard is gonna be awesome this summer. [thumb]
Can't wait for pictures! [grin]

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Christmas angel horns| Next thread: Christmas Bread »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: