The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Sorrel

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by ChristinaC on September 06, 2005 08:43 AM
Does anyone know the best way to preserve sorrel? I just love this herb/vegetable and I have so much, I'd hate to see it go to waste. Could I blanch it and freeze it like you would spinach? Thanx!
Christina

-
 -
by obywan59 on September 06, 2005 10:46 AM
I have sorrel, but I've never tried to preserve it, so I looked it up in one of my gardening books. They say to freeze it, so yes, I'd say treat it just like you would spinach.

How do you use all of that sorrel? I only have a couple of recipes in all of the cookbooks I have.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by ChristinaC on September 13, 2005 07:08 AM
Hi Terry,
I use sorrel the same way I'd use spinach or any other green really. I add it to salads, to soups, as a side veggie, to omelets...my fave is grilling salmon on the barbeque and laying it on top of a bed of sorrel. It wilts the leaves just enough to release the lemon flavour....it's wonderful!!!!
I use sorrel as a herb as well. I add to salad dressing to give a fresh lemon zip or to salsa...anywhere I want really.
Oh, one more thing.....I use it for a treat for my rabbit and guinea pig. They just love it. [Smile]
Christina

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: