The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Spearmint

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Speaking of Tea...| Next thread: Spearmint »
Back to Thread index
by AloeGrower on September 03, 2005 10:07 AM
Please tell me everything u know about spearmint i am new to this plant.

The roots of learning are bitter, but the fruit it bears is sweet.
by Triss on September 03, 2005 10:33 AM
It is fast growing and can overtake a garden. Like other mints, if you only want it in a specific place, then bury a pot with the mint inside it to keep it rootbound.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Tamara from Minnesota on September 05, 2005 10:58 AM
I have 2 in buried pots with the bottom cut out. Unfortunately they don't survive winter here very well and often I need to buy new plants. Anyway, mint is extremely invasive and I think it is not too fussy about soil.

-
by comfrey on October 09, 2005 12:02 PM
Mint is very easy to grow...and like was already mentioned...plant it in a container...which has been placed in the ground...KEEP it trimmed back, because if it lays on the ground you will soon have more mint started..And it can get out of control in no time.

Funny story about spearmint: We bought a house and there was mint growing next to one corner of the house...Hubby said if you don't do something about that mint "I will" LOL....Well he mowed it all down, There was twice as much mint and he soon learned to listen when I said things more often.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Speaking of Tea...| Next thread: Spearmint »
Back to Thread index