The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Caterpillars!! YEAH!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Caterpillars| Next thread: caterpillers »
Back to Thread index
by ServantsHeart2003 on November 03, 2004 09:43 PM
A guy in my home club found a Cercropia Moth Caterpillar in his Lilac Bush and took a photo for us to look at. I thought you all might be interested in some info I found both on that caterpillar and poisonous ones!! Forewarned is forearmed!! hehehe

Cercropia Moth Caterpillar

Info about Poisonous kinds of caterpillars.

I saw a Saddleback Caterpillar this summer on one of my Hollyhocks. [clappy] I did not touch it but carefully put it in a jar with holes in the top, leaves for it to eat and a stick to climb. I created a cocoon in a few days then apparently it died cause it never came out of the cocoon??!! waaaaa I didn't know what it was but since it looked so strange I was VERY careful not to touch it--in case!! Also, very pretty!!

[thumb]

-

My Site
http://www.freewebs.com/froglver/
by melcon6 on November 04, 2004 01:35 AM
Here we have to deal with the Brown-tail Moth which the caterpillar has tiny,fine, hairs that when released into the air and come in contact with people can and most often do , cause a red itchy rash much like poison ivy. I've even read of people having respitory problems from it. Ugh, it eats up apple and oak trees and many others. [Razz] [Razz]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Caterpillars| Next thread: caterpillers »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: