The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

dill

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Digitalis| Next thread: Dill and Cilantro Question. »
Back to Thread index
by Bestofour on July 06, 2005 08:48 AM
I don't know what to do with this stuff now that it's growing. Do I let it flower? Will it dry in the garden? It smells so good.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by LMT on July 06, 2005 10:13 AM
Go to Hippy Gourmet and click on PBS Recipes. Scroll down to the fourth one, Summer Squash. [thumb]

Currently listening to: Vince Guaraldi Trio -- A Charlie Brown Christmas. Adult and contemporary but evocative of youth and innocence, a must own CD.
by 4Ruddy on July 06, 2005 11:55 AM
LMT...that is a GREAT site...thanks for sharing it!

Sheri, I planted dill for the first time this year...a lady from the church comes and cuts it to use in her pickles. I am going to cut some later to make vinegrette with...then you can use it for marinades or salads. Dill is REALLY good dried...sprinkle some on fish or salmon dishes..YUMMIEEEE! [thumb]

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by Elfinone on July 06, 2005 09:57 PM
I love dill. I use it alot in cooking. I have to go transplant a bunch now. I keep the seeds for next year. I don't do any pickling, not becuase I don't like it, I just haven't given it a shot yet,lol.
[Wink]
by 4Ruddy on July 07, 2005 12:23 AM
Oh, give it a shot...pickeling is REALLY fun!

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by Elfinone on July 07, 2005 05:05 AM
I been thinkin about it this season. I am going to have a ton of dill this year. so I jsut may give it a go. it's easy ya say right?
[Wink]
by weezie13 on July 07, 2005 10:09 PM
Doesn't Dill have to be planted in an area
in your garden, where it should be left alone???
Kinda like Rhubarb or Asparagus???
It's like a perennial? OR it re~seeds it'self,
and you shouldn't disturb where it's growing or
area/??

I had a package and was hesitant to plant it,
cause I"m low on space...

I have heard very good reviews when reading about it, its' GREAT for attracking BENEFICIALS to your garden....

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Elfinone on July 07, 2005 10:44 PM
Weezsie, it does re-seed itself and rather well to,lol. I have it in a central spot in my herb bed. I know from here on out it will always be right there. I also have learned that if you let it go to sed and a really good wind comes,lol. it will show up pretty much anywhere it lands,kinda like dandelions. so be careful if you let it go to seed. I am out there collecting seeds right when they turn.
[Wink]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Digitalis| Next thread: Dill and Cilantro Question. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: