The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

can you identify this pest

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Can you identify this culprit?| Next thread: Can you name these ? »
Back to Thread index
by cookie on October 02, 2004 03:26 PM
I have found today in my garden shed a large number of fibrous tubes, very strong and stuck very tight to the shed door and a tent,each tube is up to 8cm long, when I peeled these tubes off, the material of the tent had been eaten away, and when I took them off the shed door, there were deep grooves in the wood where they had been. When I cut one of the tubes open, I found a larve about 2cm long pale yellow with tiny black spots down the side and a brown head. What are they?
by afgreyparrot on October 02, 2004 05:19 PM
Termites???
Does the tube look like THIS ?

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by afgreyparrot on October 02, 2004 05:20 PM
By the way.....
WELCOME [wayey] to the forum!

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by cookie on October 02, 2004 05:50 PM
The tubes are up to 8cm long and about 1/2cm wide very tough fibrous material i could not tear it open I had to cut it with a knife, to find the grub inside, one in each tube.They are not termites as I live in England
by weezie13 on October 02, 2004 06:03 PM
Cookie,
I IM'd our "Buglady" and maybe she's got an idea or two for you!! [dunno] [thumb]

We have a few members from "over the pond"
Seedaholic and Jogger, maybe they might also have an idea?????
And one of our own Forum Hostesses, is formerly from there...

Weezie

Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum by the way, we are very glad you found us!
We've got alot of things here to do, besides gardening to keep you busy, especially in the winter time... Lot's to do!!!
Recipes, Crafts and Hobbies, and Banter Hall for chatting and a Game section for some fun stuff....

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Buglady on October 18, 2004 08:32 PM
Do you have a photo? Can you see any legs? How many body segments? It has to be the larva of something, but what is the question. There are some caterpillars that are wood eaters but really I need more information to be able to help you.

-
 -
The Buglady
Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, www.bugladyconsulting.com
Educating the world... one bug at a time

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Can you identify this culprit?| Next thread: Can you name these ? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: