The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

insecticidal soap

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Insect treatment| Next thread: insecticidal soap »
Back to Thread index
by ladystressout on August 04, 2004 04:27 PM
Hello everyone could any one tell me how to make insecticidal soap? How often do you applie it? Having a problem with a azalea plant leaves turning brown? Hope someone can help me out here?
by plantlady19 on August 04, 2004 08:15 PM
Sometimes regular dishwashing liquid works. Dilute a tablespoon in almost a gallon of cool water and add a tablespoon or two of rubbing alcohol. Take care of lots of different buggies. You should wash the plant gently with a soft washcloth or paper towel. Repeat once a week until pests are gone. However, the browning of your plant may not be pest related. Have you seen any insects or found any honeydew (sticky substance on leaves and furniture near the plant; indicates scale bugs and attracts ants and mold) ? Hope this helps. [thumb]

Rule like a Goddess.
Command like a queen.
Work like a slave.
by ladystressout on August 05, 2004 04:28 PM
thank you for answering my post and will make some up later today? I do not see any bugs on the plant and have been watching it very closely but we have been having a lot of rain the flooding kind too so maybe to much rain? again thanks and have a good day gardening buddy!Rita
by plantlady19 on August 05, 2004 08:12 PM
Hey Rita! Just a thought...
Could it be root rot? Check the roots. If they are black and mushy, you have a big problem.

Rule like a Goddess.
Command like a queen.
Work like a slave.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Insect treatment| Next thread: insecticidal soap »
Back to Thread index