The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Can't catch the devils

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by dirtbag on July 09, 2004 08:38 AM
Hello, Something is eating my Collards, and I can't figure it out. I check them day & night but I see nothing. I'm getting holes in the leaves & silky white stuff and yellow points like maybe eggs underside the leaves. I've used slug bait but it didn't help. Any help please

Thank's Rick
by plantlady19 on July 09, 2004 06:58 PM
I know most people don't like to do this, and I don't unless I have to, but sometimes, to save our gardens, we have to use a mild pesticide. Try to find something that will effect the enviroment as little as possible. And try to identify the bug, if at all possible. Half the battle is knowing you enemy. [thumb]

Rule like a Goddess.
Command like a queen.
Work like a slave.
by Arctostaphylos on July 09, 2004 07:37 PM
I would offer that it is not possible to win the battel until you are positive of who your enemy is. I would not use anything until you know what you are trying to kill. Often times the "cure" creates more issues than it solves. It is likely wou will kill more good bugs than bad. Timing and dose are critical to any cure, I commonly see people attempt to solve a problem BEFORE the problem is clearly identified... as with anything sucess is based upon a sound plan. Good luck.
by Phil and Laura on July 10, 2004 01:14 PM
[thumb] [thumb] I Like Your Words Arc.! [thumb] [thumb]

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: