The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peppermint pests

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Peppermint needs help| Next thread: Peppers...share your pics »
Back to Thread index
by lilitu on July 08, 2004 02:02 AM
I recently acquired a peppermint plant that was dying and brought it back to life [Smile] (yeah me!!) And it's beautiful and green with tiny new leaves sprouting, but I noticed little bugs on it. I've looked at the pests page and cannot decide whether these teeny bugs are aphids or spider mites. There is no webbing occuring, and the bugs generally congregate on the stems. They are sort of brownish white or grey. I was told to lightly brush the plant with rubbing alcohol (when I thought it was an aphid problem) and I did that today. I was told this should not hurt the plant and it will still be edible and all that good stuff. The bugs don't appear on any other plants I have. Is there anything else I can do for it? Should I repot it? Is the soil somehow infected?
If anyone has any ideas puh-lease let me know!
by plantlady19 on July 09, 2004 07:05 PM
If the insects leave little webs on the plant, then they are spider mites. However, if they leave no webs and are black, brown, or green, I'd go with aphids. Both of which are a pain in the tushy!

Rule like a Goddess.
Command like a queen.
Work like a slave.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Peppermint needs help| Next thread: Peppers...share your pics »
Back to Thread index