Hummingbird House The Garden Helper
No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997
vine bar
Wild Willy
 

ornamental peppers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by ike on September 25, 2005 06:35 AM
i recently purchased a living plant of ornamental peppers from trader joes and i was wondering if they were edible. i have never heard of a dangerous pepper, but to be safe i dont want to eat them until i know. thank you
by Safari Barbie on September 25, 2005 09:13 PM
You can eat them. They're hotter than jalapenos.
I don't know why they're marketed as only ornamental, instead of both pretty and useful. I've always used mine and I ain't dead yet!
Barb

* * * *
Barb
Southern coastal North Carolina
http://community.webshots.com/user/safari_barbie
by Jiffymouse on September 26, 2005 01:02 AM
they make great hot pepper relish.
by tamara on September 26, 2005 06:26 PM
Wow, I never knew that. I had one but the neighbours litle boy was always trying to eat them so I chucked the plant out, I thought it was poisonous. [Confused]

* * * *
 -
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by shellchris on October 08, 2005 05:07 AM
Trust me, he would have only eaten one of them...Those little buggers are HOT! We like these plants because they are convenient to bring inside when it gets cool. Extends our hot pepper season...(actually you can transplant any pepper to a container and bring inside and then re-plant the following year in the garden...)

Active Garden Forum

Other articles you might like: