The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

compost

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: compost ?| Next thread: Compost...Compost...Compost »
Back to Thread index
by ladybug67 on August 24, 2005 05:04 AM
Hi, i was wondering about composting (hope it's the right word) and not sure where to go, i have a area in the back yard and want to know how much of grass clippings, news paper, and scraps from the kitchen to use. Can i keep it out in the open, or should i cover it with tarp so the rain doesn't soak and make it smell. Any help would be great. How do i know when its done and readly for the garden and where else can i put it?? sorry new to this all.What can i do with all of the grass clippings i have??? thanks for any help

being a mom is the best job their is and hardest too!!! lol
by MaryReboakly on August 24, 2005 05:48 AM
ohhhhhhhh ladybug [wayey] Welcome! I don't think we've met before [Wink]

Come on down to the organically speaking forum - we've got some new composters there as well and we've been talking about everything you're asking about [Wink] Hope to see you there - and if you still have questions after reading through the discussions, please let us know! I love composting, and helping others start composting too! [Smile]

-
 -
by wedge58 on August 25, 2005 06:02 AM
I put all my grass clippings in my garden for mulch. I layer it on thick so when it decays a bit its about 3 inches deep, it keeps in the moisture and I dont have to pick weeds hardly at all. At the end of the season I rototill it all into the soil. Free fertilizer [Smile] and the worms love it too.
wedge

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: compost ?| Next thread: Compost...Compost...Compost »
Back to Thread index