The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

bunnies and my garden

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Bulbs Flowers| Next thread: Bunnies are eating my vegetables!! »
Back to Thread index
by hisgal2 on April 21, 2004 07:53 PM
I just planted my veggies and put the pole beans at the edge of the garden. I'm afraid that as soon as the shoots start coming up, that the bunnies around here will eat them before I get beans! [Eek!] Is there something that isn't expensive that I can do?? My dad said to plant radishes around the outside of the garden so that the bunnies will stop and eat those and leave everything else alone. I guess I'm looking for a 2nd opinion here. My dad used to grow veggies and usually knows what he's talking about, but I'd still feel comfortable if I knew what other people thought of that idea. I think I can get packs of radish seeds for under a dollar at Wal-mart. Keep in mind that the hubby really doesn't want me to spend too much $$ [Razz] ....but I want to protect the plants that I already spent $$ on!!! [Roll Eyes]

-
 -

-
by Chrissy on April 21, 2004 08:07 PM
Here are some links I found helpful...the bunnies always try to eat my gardens too around here [tears]
Master Gardeners Against Rabbits

Keep Rabbits Out Of Your Garden

Rabbit Repellent

-
 -
z5b
by weezie13 on April 21, 2004 08:11 PM
Just a couple of them Jennifer,

go to the dollar stores and get some kids
whirly~gigs!! Catch the wind, they move, and
may startle them...BUT you should keep moving them around from day or two apart, so they don't get complacant with them!!!

We also use the ruined cd's, or junk ones we get in the mail to join a internet provider, or if we burn a cd and something happens in the burn, or old and can't use it any more,.. I hang them on strings from things and they flop in the wind.
Move them too on occassions too!!

And sprinkle your plants you want to save,
with Cayenne Pepper, alot of "muncher's" out
there can't stand that hot pepper flavor.....
Just gotta re~apply after a rain!!

Or sometime in the future switch to raised beds,
I don't have any munchers any more, other than what hangs way over the sides!!!!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bulbs Flowers| Next thread: Bunnies are eating my vegetables!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: