The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Planting Round the Triangle

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Planting Red Spider Lilies| Next thread: planting seedlings »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on October 24, 2004 04:06 AM
This triangle is another form of 'stick gardening' I've done. I shaped sticks in a triangle around what I call a 'drooping pine' after I trimmed it last spring.

On Friday I transplanted some wild growth around the fore-point of it.

-

I also tried something wierd (but ya' never know). I poked those little wee nuts that fall off the whateveritis tree (beech, maybe - dunno').

That's why I have the strawberry cases along there - I have stones round 'em so the squirrels can't get in.

At the back corner (on the left) I transplanted a 'something' that one of the tenants found out for the garbage.

And somebody gave me some new bulbs today - 4 daffodils, some crocus and some hyacinthe.

I also planted one of my daffodil bulbs next to that little plant. I'm going to do the other 3 tomorrow (wasn't a whole lotta' time left).

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by Jiffymouse on October 24, 2004 07:35 PM
[thumb] i like it!
by gardenmom32210 on October 24, 2004 11:00 PM
[clappy] COOL [clappy]

G-Mom [grin]
by Carly on October 25, 2004 07:08 AM
Ahhhhhhh! So I done a good thing . . . ok. I planted the other 3 daffodils today. One on the other side and two at the backside of the triangle.

Put down old fridge racks (we're collecting them for this reason).

Tomorrow I'm going to tackle the other bulbs.

This is my first time for planting bulbs.

I took one of the daffodil bulbs and rolled it 'tween my palms and very softly sang hari krsna har krsna krsna krsna hari hari hari rama hari rama rama rama hari hari . . .

I'm not officially a 'devotee' of Krsna, but I like what little I have learned from it. The chant especially - it always calms me.

Don't know what it's going to do for the daffodils though. The squirrels are probably out there right now chanting in the night

Eat the daffies
Eat the daffies
Daffies
Daffie
Eat the daffies

Heh! Heh!

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by madsquopper on October 29, 2004 11:00 PM
Daffodils are poisonous, so the squirrels won't touch them. However, crocus and hyacinths are squirrel candy.

Larry

"It only takes one child to raze a village"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Planting Red Spider Lilies| Next thread: planting seedlings »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: