The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help tomatos!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Help Tomato Transplant| Next thread: Help w/ 29-year-old jade »
Back to Thread index
by Brammy on July 05, 2005 08:45 PM
Attached is a pic of my toms. they started out turning purple around the edges of new growth followed by the purple areas turning brown and wilting. Today I noticed that there is some leaf curl. I'm not quite sure what the problem is but I could sure use some help. It's been extremely wet and hot here lately.

Not quite sure how to upload a pic so could use some help there too.
by obywan59 on July 06, 2005 08:00 PM
Purplish color on the leaves, especially on the undersides, veins, and stems, probably indicates a phosphorus deficiency. It generally occurs in acid soils and temporarily in cold, wet soils (not hot like yours).

Try spraying plants with diluted fish emulsion or a liquid fertilizer and add wood ashes to the soil.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by weezie13 on July 08, 2005 02:26 AM
Brammy,
If you go to one of these sites, *and there is other's too, just can't remember the names*....

WebShots
PhotoBucket
Imagestation

It's FREE to download your pictures too....
Then you can attach the URL from the place you choose, copy and paste the URL, then click on the IMAGE botton, and insert the URL into there.
*there will be a highlighted blue http:/ thing there, either delete it or click your backspace button to get rid of it

I hope this helps..

I personally have the PHOTOBUCKET, very user friendly and you don't have to be a member to view anyon'es pictures..*you do with Imagestation.*

P/S There's some other gardener's that do use pictures alot and maybe able to help you alot better than I did, Afgreyparrot/Cindy, Loz, Meg, Jiffy, G~mom, Plants~n~Pots, Carly....tons of them know how and can give you a hand if you need it....

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Sorellina on July 12, 2005 12:04 AM
obywan's right, purple foliage usually means the plant is hungry and it goes away rather quickly once you fertilize. Pictures sure do help, though. Check out my post about leaf curl and see if those thoughts might be what ails your plant(s).

Buona fortuna,
Julianna

-
by Brammy on July 12, 2005 12:29 AM
Thanks, I think you may be right. Although I used tomato spikes the soil is very sandy. the amount of rain we have had lately may have washed the fertilizer right out. I guess I'll just have to do the weekly/biweelky thing.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Help Tomato Transplant| Next thread: Help w/ 29-year-old jade »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: