The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

pics from one of my roses

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Pickling Recipes for y'all...| Next thread: pics June 26 2006 »
Back to Thread index
by Mrs.Bradley on August 14, 2006 09:30 AM
this is my 3rd batch of perfecta this year and are lots smaller than the earlier ones,but still beautiful...

-

-

-
 -
by TulsaRose on August 14, 2006 10:57 AM
GORGEOUS!!! Your pictures make me want to try Roses again after having dismal luck with them in the past. [Wink]

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by gardenfairy on August 14, 2006 11:41 AM
Those are GORGEOUS!!!! I wish mine looked as good!

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by gailo on August 14, 2006 12:24 PM
Awesome. The weather here is so hard on roses I have decide to remove mine. I am sick of fighting black spot. That is my next project.

gailo
by weezie13 on August 14, 2006 12:34 PM
OHHHHHHHHH MY GAWDDDDDDD!!!
THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!

What is the name of the second one??? [flower]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Bestofour on August 14, 2006 03:03 PM
do they smell as good as they look?

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by Mrs.Bradley on August 14, 2006 03:55 PM
For Weezie...they are both perfecta by Kordes.can you believe,they are both off of the same bush??!

for Best o four...yes. they sure do smell really good.=)

-
 -
by comfrey on August 14, 2006 04:22 PM
Oh those are so pretty!!! And I can almost smell them down here in Arkansas.

-
 -
by badplanter on August 14, 2006 04:25 PM
very nice pics!!! they look great! [thumb]

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!
by comfrey on August 15, 2006 07:31 AM
Here is a picture of a rose on the only rose bush I have. The name of it is Fragrant Cloud and it does smell wonderful!
 -

-
 -
by eClaire on August 15, 2006 08:09 AM
beautiful!!! mine are all diseased with black spot and mildew this year [Frown]

i am jealous!

Claire
by comfrey on August 15, 2006 01:08 PM
I really don't know anything about roses, except they need rose food and watered and pruned, other then that I always call my mom who has roses everywhere and grows them with no problems. I recieved this rose bush as a mother's day gift last year from my step son or I wouldn't have roses, I love them, but they do require some care to thrive.

-
 -
by TulsaRose on August 16, 2006 12:27 AM
A friend on another forum posted her tip on keeping Black Spot off her Roses and there was an interesting dialogue about it. But, I tried it and it does work! Just lightly sprinkle plain ol' cornmeal around the rootline of the Rose about once a month. There is something about the gluten in the cornmeal creating a fungus, I think, that prohibits the black spot fungus. It is also good for preventing Powdery Mildew. You can check out the results of a Google search for more information. Lots of good home remedies out there. Cornmeal and Black Spot search

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by ND farm girl on August 16, 2006 03:40 AM
Can somebody tell me what black spot looks like?? I have roses for the first time - actually planted quite a few this spring, 5 of them had pretty cream-colored roses on them here and there once in a while, now have had nothing. Two different kinds, one I know is the double rose knockout - that blooms really nice. I have no idea why the others won't do anything.

PattyM
by trystogolf2 on August 16, 2006 03:55 AM
I started a rose garden yr. and used the bayer rose food and desiese food on them ones a month and they have done great. and it has been very hot here in WA for are normal weather so I have watered about every other day or so and they are just going like heck
by TulsaRose on August 16, 2006 04:21 AM
ND, Black Spot will show up on the foliage of your Roses as "black spots" and the leaves will turn yellow and drop. If the fungus is not taken care of, it can literally strip a Rose bush. All diseased parts should be removed and destroyed...not thrown in the compost.
 -

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by comfrey on August 16, 2006 04:50 AM
There is an all purpose rose spray at Walmart and I'm sure alot of other places also, that you can get that will take care of most problems roses can have. But removing the affected parts is still necessary.

-
 -
by ND farm girl on August 16, 2006 05:01 AM
Hmmm, nope - don't have black spot.

PattyM
by comfrey on August 16, 2006 05:09 AM
ND farm girl....Are you feeding your roses??? Also there are a few roses that only bloom once during the season. Mine stop blooming if I have forgotten to feed them. Then I add the rose food to the soil and within a week they will have new growth and start getting buds on them again.

-
 -
by ND farm girl on August 16, 2006 05:14 AM
I'll try that. I had sprinkled a rose food around the base of them, but it says it feeds up to 3 months. ?? I'm going to go do that today to see if it helps. They are a hybrid tea rose I think?

PattyM
by weezie13 on August 16, 2006 05:31 AM
quote:
I had sprinkled a rose food around the base of them, but it says it feeds up to 3 months. ??
Where are you locatedddddddddddddd???
ND?
Is that North Dakota????????

If I lived there, personally I would NOT feed my roses' now, especially a 3 month feed...
*That keeps them too green for tooooooo long into the weather/season and can hurt your plant*

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by ND farm girl on August 16, 2006 06:09 AM
Oh yah- that's right! I was just reading the thread about when to stop fertilizing - thanks for pointing that out! I do plan on moving the roses though...any tips? Should I put anything in the bottom of the hole when planting them?

PattyM
by weezie13 on August 16, 2006 10:42 AM
When are you moving them?

Maybe what I would do if I were you
is go to a NEW POST in the Flower Section
and post a whole brand new post/thread on it..
and then this thread won't get toooooooo far
off of topic... [Embarrassed] [Wink] [Wink]

And then we can give you some pointers or hints..

Weezie

-
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pickling Recipes for y'all...| Next thread: pics June 26 2006 »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: