The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hole in water pipe

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Hold that tiger!| Next thread: holes in hibiscus tree leaves »
Back to Thread index
by ccawhx on September 02, 2004 05:48 PM
I have just made a tiny hole in a water pipe powered by a pump with a fork. Is there a way of fixing this hole or will I have to replace the whole pipe?
by afgreyparrot on September 02, 2004 06:01 PM
What's the pipe made out of?
And what is it for?
Must not be copper or PVC, or you wouldn't have been able to poke a hole in it with a fork!
(I have worked with lots of pipe [nutz] ! We have an excavation business and do a lot of plumbing, water lines, etc...)

Hey, welcome to the forum! [wayey]
Nice to meet you!

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by gardenmom32210 on September 02, 2004 06:11 PM
Hi and Welcome [wayey] to the forum!

Cindy's right alot depends on the type of pipe it is.
Let us know and we'll try and help.

Karen [grin]
by ccawhx on September 02, 2004 06:18 PM
It is made out plastic, the pipe takes pumped water from the bottom of gardern water stream/feature to the top of it. Thanks for your time
by afgreyparrot on September 02, 2004 06:55 PM
Well, if Andy were here he could answer this! He installed a pump, fountain, etc...for me a few days ago!
They probably sell some kind of repair kit for it to clamp over the hole.

Maybe someone else will come along who knows the answer. A lot here have water features, etc. in their yards.

I personally would go out there and duct-tape it into submission [Big Grin] temporarily, but that's just me! I use duct tape for everything.
Duct tape is my friend! [thumb]

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by gardenmom32210 on September 02, 2004 07:46 PM
quote:
Duct tape is my friend!
WITH DUCT TAPE AND SUPER GLUE WE COULD TAKE OVER THE WORLD! [Big Grin]

There is a waterproof sealer that is used on boats(we used it on the one we had). I think it is called "Mastic". It seems like I've seen a clamp made especially for pipes(similar to what you use in a car engine)that slips over the pipe and tightens down to seal it. Maybe one or the other or both would work.

Hope this helps!

Karen [grin]
by Triss on September 02, 2004 08:16 PM
There are also hose/pipe repair pieces that will allow you to cut the pipe completely in half and insert a fitting into either side and push the pipe back together. You would need to know the size of the pipe to get a piece that fits correctly and most hardware stores sell the fittings.

Triss

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hold that tiger!| Next thread: holes in hibiscus tree leaves »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: