The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Finished doing the rock garden . . .

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Finding seeds in Marine Blue Lobelia| Next thread: fire ants »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on August 04, 2004 04:47 PM
I tackled it Monday afternoon - wasn't really happy with what I'd started so I moved everything and gathered more rocks.

I was very surprised at how quickly the job went -I thought I'd be at it all week, but I worked right through and finished up around 7:30 that night.

All I really need to do with it is add rocks as I poke plants into it - I'm not buying any plants for it. I'm just putting wild stuff (weeds or wildflowers) into it for now.

-

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by gardenmom32210 on August 05, 2004 04:56 AM
That was alot of hard work. You've made a great start [flower] I bet it will be soooo pretty when it grows up! Make sure we get pictures along the way [thumb]

Karen [grin]
by Carly on August 05, 2004 07:52 AM
Oh, you bet, Karen - I poked some more stuff into it today. All the pots on my table garden that contain the wild stuff I've been cultivating have been poked into that rock garden today.

I'm so pleased with it. I'll take more pictures Friday, I think. I'm pretty sure everything in there will hold - if it doesn't, no problems - I'll just pull it out and transfer more wild stuff.

-
by dede on August 05, 2004 02:50 PM
carly rock garden looks good...i bet its coming along nicely since you started it in june? ..any updated pictures...i created one a few months ago and planted alot of cacti..then we had tons of rain...they all pulled through but for a while they were saying glug! glug!!ha ha

Joni Petty
by Carly on August 05, 2004 04:13 PM
I'll do fresh pictures later on today - I put a whole buncha' stuff in there yesterday.

We're going down to Harbourfront for our 15th anniversary today.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Finding seeds in Marine Blue Lobelia| Next thread: fire ants »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: