The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Dressing up the foot of a boring light pole

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Dreaded Cuke Beetles| Next thread: dried flowers »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on July 30, 2004 08:51 AM
Here's something I did about a month ago - I'm fond of working with the sticks that accumulate on our lot - when I come across the picture I'll show you the stick fence I put around a pine tree, but for now, here's one I did at the foot of a light fixture.

-

It's just a matter of laying the sticks down and letting the ends weave into each other - I plug a few into the ground to hold them up.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by frustratedattimes on July 31, 2004 05:18 PM
Seeing your picture reminded me of a lady friend of my mom's that used to make these oversized chairs out of sticks like that, and lashed them together. She would put them in her yard and use the seats as planters and the whole chair as a center piece to a flower bed. It looked so cool.

The lady has long since passed away, but her children still have the chairs in the flower beds.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/johncandy1005
by gardenmom32210 on July 31, 2004 05:27 PM
Thats really NEAT,Carly [flower]

Karen [grin]
by Carly on August 04, 2004 04:51 PM
Yes, it was out in the country where I got the idea - I was looking at big yards in Fergus, Ontario last spring and saw chairs and things made with sticks.

I wanted to do something with all our sticks. I couldn't figure out how to do a chair or anything and everybody makes wreathes - I wanted to do something special.

I'll get together all the pictures on the fence I put around a pine tree - that was my star job this season.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Dreaded Cuke Beetles| Next thread: dried flowers »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: