The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

4'oclock seeds

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: 4 O'Clocks| Next thread: 4Ruddy...Paper Bag?? »
Back to Thread index
by gardenfairy on August 09, 2006 06:51 AM
I just got some 4'oclock seeds from a neighbor. Is it too late to plant them or should I plant them in the spring

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by TulsaRose on August 09, 2006 07:17 AM
Monica, I would just put them in the veggie crisper of your fridge until January or February then pot up. You'll have some really nice starts to set-out by late spring.

Some gardeners recommend nicking the seeds or soaking overnight. I have just stuck mine in moist soil and gone from there. In the warmer climates, they will develop a large tuber and overwinter quite well without having to be dug up.

If you lived closer, I could give a you a kajillion volunteer seedlings. [Big Grin]

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by badplanter on August 09, 2006 03:44 PM
quote:
Monica, I would just put them in the veggie crisper of your fridge until January or February then pot up. You'll have some really nice starts to set-out by late spring.

yup! i'd do the same...

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: 4 O'Clocks| Next thread: 4Ruddy...Paper Bag?? »
Back to Thread index