The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

pampas grass

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: palms in va?| Next thread: Pampas Grass »
Back to Thread index
by sibyl on May 10, 2004 09:12 PM
i have 3 big pampas grasses 4 foot by 4 foot around each. i planted them 4 years ago & never new to cut them down, so now i have hollow centers!ive been tring to dig one up so i can seperate & replant.its taking me forever!!! im thinking of hooking a chane & pulling it out with my truck!!!!think this will work??????? any other ideas??? PLEEEEEEEASE help me.

-
 -
by afgreyparrot on May 11, 2004 02:52 AM
I am personally waiting for Andy to bring the backhoe home to dig mine out! I can't afford to break anymore shovels!

There's another post on it in the plant/flower forum.

Pampass Grass Post

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Bill on May 11, 2004 03:03 AM
by sibyl on May 12, 2004 05:01 AM
thanks bill, i seen that before i posted. it said to dig it up then chop it up. its been the digging up part thats driving me crazy!!! but im happy to say i made a brake through this morning! [grin] i already dug around the hole thing & was tring to pick away at the roots with a small claw. till i got an idea & a bigger claw! i clawed away the dirt underneath some, then choped away!clawed, choped. clawed,choped! it worked!! i got half my grass out this morning! hay if i cant take it out the ground, id fake it!

-
 -
by afgreyparrot on May 12, 2004 05:07 AM
[scaredy] Made me tired just reading that.
Think I'll wait on the backhoe!

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by sibyl on May 12, 2004 06:29 AM
cindy your so lucky to have a backhoe!! wish i had one.lot less work! more time for more flowers! [flower] all that work, sun, & sweat can make a person alittle [nutz] ! when i riped out my first chunk, i yelled yea! i did it!!!my neibors were jogging by, they think im as looney as i think they are!{they dont have not a one flower,bush,or anything} [perplexed]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: palms in va?| Next thread: Pampas Grass »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: