The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Few Daylilies

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: feverfew| Next thread: few forsythia blossoms »
Back to Thread index
by cinta on July 22, 2006 02:23 PM
Found this one in one of those discount stores for 1.00. I thought they would not be much so I only brought one. I kinda like it.

CLICK TO ENLARGE
 -

Brought these as a grab bag on the net last year
 -
 -
 -
 -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by afgreyparrot on July 22, 2006 02:25 PM
All those are BEAUTIFUL! [grin]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by TulsaRose on July 23, 2006 01:11 AM
Lovely Daylilies, Cinta. I never find bargains that turn out like yours. [Smile] Maybe I'd better pay closer attention to the gardening section at the Dollar stores. lol!

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by gailo on July 23, 2006 01:39 AM
Wow! You got spectacular bargains. I bought the top one at Home Depot for the usual 14.95. I did get about 6 plants from it though.

gailo
by daylily77 on October 13, 2006 05:32 PM
Do you know the name of this one by any chance?

-

It's so pretty! Belated congrats on your deals! [clappy]
by cinta on October 14, 2006 03:34 AM
Thanks for the compliments. Daylily I do not know the names of any of them except the last one that is purple d'ora. I brought them as a grab bag sale.

It is strange the ones I know the name of are not my favorites. My surprises seem to working out better. I have been trying to do a purple pink yellow bed.

by joclyn on October 14, 2006 05:32 AM
good deals that you found!!

i really like that purple d'ora!!

what part of pa are you from?
by TulsaRose on October 14, 2006 05:40 AM
daylily77, yours may be Pink Cotton Candy. There are so many that are similar, it's really hard to make a positive ID. Here is a great source if you have all day to look at the pretty pictures. [Wink] Hunter's Torch Daylily Garden

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by comfrey on October 14, 2006 06:19 AM
They are all pretty, but I think I like the dollar one the best.

-
 -
by cinta on October 14, 2006 01:02 PM
jocyln, I am in Pittsburgh.

You can bet next year when I see them for 1.00 I will buy more than one. LOL!!!

by ksgardnr on October 15, 2006 06:19 AM
oh, beautiful lilies cinta, I love lilies of all kinds, b/c they usually all have a delicious smell & are perennial, I don''t plant many annuals,just hybrids & perennials. I love the first one you posted, the peach colored one, what is it called?

-
 -

DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU!=O)
by roflol on October 15, 2006 12:53 PM
Hiya, Cinta! My mom grew up in Pittsburgh, and what's left of her family is still there - one of my cousins is still in the house Mom was born in on Anderson Road off McKnight if that rings any bells (it sure has changed). We visited there every year while I was growing up, in the 60s through the 80s. Now not so often, but the drive through the tunnels are still a time warp for me....

[Embarrassed]
OK, back to the present. Beautiful daylilies, congratulations on the great deals. I like the purple one at the bottom... bold and grapey!
by joclyn on October 16, 2006 12:11 AM
oh, was hoping you were closer!! i've looked for good deals like that this summer...never managed to find any!!

i really like that purple d'ora! any chance on doing a trade when it starts making babies??

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: feverfew| Next thread: few forsythia blossoms »
Back to Thread index