The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

pepper babies

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Peperonia???| Next thread: Pepper buds falling off »
Back to Thread index
by ritchie902 on May 01, 2005 07:57 PM
i'm growing peppers this summer from seed and i've got some on the go already. most of them have developed their first and second set of leaves and are starting their third. i gave them a feeding of 6-6-6 fish base fertilizer before i transplanted them into the 4 inch peat pots. i want to give them a feeding specifically for root development, so i bought some fertilizer for this purpose (10-52-10) and was going to give it to them at half strength. i'm just curious if this ratio (10-52-10) would be benificial or detrimental? should i use something else? also when is the best time to pinch the top off to make them bushier?
here's a pic of some of them.
 -
by ChristinaC on May 02, 2005 04:23 AM
Hi Ritchie [wayey]
Now I'm no professional, that's for sure! But in my experience, I've never added any type of fertilizer at that young age. I don't fertilize until I have them outside in the garden. I've been told by many that there's plenty of fertilizer in potting soil. My peppers have always done great! I have had to transplant them twice now. They're more than ready to be in the garden ('nother month....can't wait [grin] ) As for your babies....they look amazing! You're obliviously doing something right and I always look at it like "why fix something that isn't broken?!" Again, I can't stress enough that I'm no professional but I just wanted to share that with you. Good luck! [thumb]
Christina

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Peperonia???| Next thread: Pepper buds falling off »
Back to Thread index