The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Privacy Screening

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Privacy issue???| Next thread: privet »
Back to Thread index
by D K Jones on July 03, 2006 06:11 AM
I am looking for a fast growing vine that can grow up to 20 - 30 feet tall for a privacy screen. Our deck and our neighbor's deck are side by side only separated by the small side yard on each side of our fence. We need some privacy when we are out on our deck. I am allergic to ivy so this is out. There is little direct sun below the fence but loads of full sun above the fence level. Any suggestions? [Smile]
by alankhart on July 03, 2006 07:04 AM
Autumn Clematis and Silver Lace Vine are two fast growing vigorous vines that will make a good screen. Campsis or Trumpet Vine is another, but it is very invasive...you'll have baby vines everywhere.

-
 -
 -
by RugbyHukr on July 04, 2006 01:43 PM
bouganvillea, plumbago will climb a trellis, tecomaria, and lantana will all grow well in your area.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by eClaire on July 06, 2006 07:56 AM
i have jasmine that has grown to cover a 7x5 lattice in 2 months, and it has wonderful smelling flowers.

Claire

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Privacy issue???| Next thread: privet »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: