The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bee Balm

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by LilacLover on June 26, 2006 01:13 PM
Can anyone tell me if Bee Balm is suppose to bloom until Fall? Do you cut the dead flowers after they bloom? Or what? Mine always die and this is my third bush! It makes me so ANGRY!! PLEASE give me some helpful tips...Thanks.

Mark
by dodge on June 26, 2006 01:51 PM
bloom July to August.

Sun to part sun location..Require sandy loom moist soil.. Well drained.........

They are supposed to be Invasive from what I read.

I had one, and it grew like crazy.. Maybe your the heat is a problem??

NC is hotter ...

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by Triss on June 26, 2006 02:05 PM
I just got a bee balm plant from someone and they said to put it in dappled shade if I had it, which I do. It is sitting under the tree now but just too hot to transfer it to the ground yet. I am afraid it would go into shock. Keeping it nice and wet instead.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by alankhart on June 27, 2006 09:15 AM
I have 5 different Bee Balms, and they can take full sun with plenty of moisture. They do spread, but they are easily controlled by just pulling up what you don't want. Mine started blooming about 2 weeks ago. Once they finish, I cut them back to about 6 inches from the ground and they soon regrow new foliage, but they don't rebloom. If you don't cut them back they start to look ratty and can often get mildewy.

-
 -
 -
by Triss on June 27, 2006 09:28 AM
Thanks Alan. Will keep that in mind. Mine are just about 8 inches tall now and went into the ground today.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: