The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Spray-N-Grow & Bill's Perfect Fertilizer

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by MICHAEL5621 on March 06, 2005 01:04 AM
Hi All!! [Wink]

I've heard a little about these products. Can anyone attest to their effectiveness and overall "worth"? [dunno] I posted in House plants as well.

Thanks Kindly!!
-Michael [Wink]
by weezie13 on March 06, 2005 03:09 AM
Hi MICHAEL [wayey]
I have used just the Spray~n~Grow...
I have to admitt, I did not see the visual effects
like they show in the pictures, but then again,
I don't have the money to put it on all of my plants, I have wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy toooooo
many plants and just wouldn't be feasible for me..
But one plant for me that it did help was my peony bush, it's in the shade and seemed to give it that little extra boost to give it a bloom...
And it had struggled for years to bloom....
I have to admit, that even though I can't say it gave me awesome results, I can't say it failed either...

I would imagine having the 2 put together may work more than what I did...just the S~n~G...

I did like it for my tomatoes, I did have a bountiful crop..

And I did use it for my strawberry patch..
worked very nicely, especially in transplanting...

It also showed me which plants can send out roots from the side of the stem....
*seemed to grow extra roots where I'd spray the stuff at the soil line, but didn't do any thing bad to the plant in MHO...
(*like the tomatoes, ageratiums, lilies...*)

I also tried it because it was organic...
You could spray it on the plant and eat the vegetable the same day...
I like that with small children, I don't need them in the garden grabbing the chemicals..YUCK!!

I did end up having to buy a cheap sprayer to spray my plants, as it got horribly tiresome doing all of my plants with one spray bottle at a time ...That was alot easier then, with mixing, carrying and time..

Hope some of this helps...

Weezie

P/S Did you get any??? And did you also try the fertilizer with it as well/???
And what did you think of it, or from where you heard it from???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by MICHAEL5621 on March 06, 2005 06:22 AM
Hi Weezie! [wayey]

Thanks for your input!! [Wink] I haven't bought any yet...but I plan too soon!! I've just begun my "Quest" for a "bigger and better" garden this year. Although last year wasn't too bad...I had tomato plants 7 ft. high!! (No Joke!) I also thrive on bonsai and I appartently love killing them as well. But as they say, It takes many trials to get one right.

I just found this "Forum" a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Everyone seems great!!! If anyone else can contrubute to this subject...I'd certainly appreciate it!! In return...I hope to contribute as well!!

Thanks again!! [Wink]
-Michael

P.S. How may I contribute pics to this Forum?? [dunno]
by MICHAEL5621 on March 06, 2005 06:26 AM
P.S.S. I forgot to mention that I plan to purchase the Spray-N-grow, Bill's Perfect Fertilizer, as well as their Coco-Wet. I have a catalog if anybody needs any info!!!

Thanks Again!!
-Michael [Wink]
by obywan59 on March 09, 2005 12:21 AM
I have used both Spray-N-Grow and Bill's Perfect Fertilizer. Follow the instructions and don't use granular fertilizer in the soil. The first year I used them I had already fertilized my potato patch by tilling in some Harmony. The plants were huge!!! I had potato vines that were waist high. But all that vine growth was at the expense of the potato tubers.

Last year I didn't fertilize my potato patch and used only the Spray-n-grow and Bill's perfect fertilizer and had the best potato crop ever. My German Butterballs produced 33 pounds for 10 or eleven plants and most of the rest (I planted 12 varieties)produced over 20 pounds each for the same number of plants.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by Sue Z on March 14, 2005 10:11 PM
Hi Michael,

I too am from Michigan (Downriver), but

have never heard of coco wet. [dunno]

Please tell me about it.

Also, is spray and grow the same as

miracle grow?

Miracle grow worked great for us. [flower] [clappy]

Thank You,

Sue Z [wayey]

-
"WHEN IN DOUBT ... DON'T"
by noneofyourbusiness on March 17, 2005 07:20 PM
Michael, you want BIG veggies, Here's how (7 foot tomatoe plants are nice, BUT mine were 8/12!!!)

Use General Hydroponics brand "Maxi-Gro" and "Maxi-bloom" for your nutrients. Use General Hydroponics Brand "CHI" spray for a foliar spray. Use Pro-Mix, or any other good qulaity soil. (Never used Bill's before, don't know what's in it)

When the plants start to show flowers, start tying your plants up to a pole overhead (Make a big "T" out of 2X4), and tie it up at EVERY flowering section. This allows the plant to stay off the ground, and releives alot of stress from the plant.

You'll see a major difference in your crop, as the combination of nutrients from GH is a COMPLETE mix. It has ALL your major and minor nutrients needed for tomatoe plants.
by noneofyourbusiness on March 17, 2005 07:22 PM
Spray 'N Gro is a good product. Nothing like Miracle grow. It supplies your plant with minor nutrients. It's a geat supplement to any regular feeding schedule. However, I prefer "CHI" spray.
by Sue Z on March 17, 2005 07:34 PM
Thank you, noyb. [Smile]

I will check it out. [wayey]
[flower]

-
"WHEN IN DOUBT ... DON'T"

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: