Hummingbird House The Garden Helper
No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997
vine bar
Wild Willy
 

Rain Lily (fairy lily) question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Rain Damage| Next thread: Raised bed drainage(pvc pipe) »
Back to Thread index
by felixcat on June 21, 2006 05:58 AM
Hi... I'm fairly new to gardening and very new to rain lilies. In searching the web I stumbled across some information that lists the rain lilies as being toxic (if eaten). Does anyone know if these plants are more toxic than other lilies or other bulb grown plants (like narcissus, or daffodils, etc.). I live on a property with lots of lilies and springtime daffodils & narcissus and they've been there for many years. I have two kitties and based on what I read was wondering if I should be concerned about planting the rain lilies. Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.
by eClaire on June 21, 2006 10:32 AM
lilies of all kinds can be deadly to cats and dogs if eaten. so can hydrangeas, ivy, etc...

lilies are supposed to be one of the most poisonous according to my vet. its only a concern if your dog or cat eats the leaves or bulbs.

i have dogs, but found this site about cats:
poison plants for cats

good luck!

* * * *
Claire
by dodge on June 23, 2006 03:10 PM
felixcat

Castor bean plant is also toxic..for humans also.

Shumac is too.

dodge [Wink]

* * * *
 -
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Rain Damage| Next thread: Raised bed drainage(pvc pipe) »
Back to Thread index

Other articles you might like: