The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Clematis/disease?/pest?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Clematis Confusion| Next thread: Clematis help please.... »
Back to Thread index
by ros on June 20, 2006 11:27 AM
Am having a problem with my Sweet Autumn clematis. Leaves look like something has crawled on the leaves during the nite. Nothing shows up during the day, am assuming it is a nite "predator"! Tried spraying with soapy water to no avail. Any suggestions?
by melcon6 on June 20, 2006 12:00 PM
Is it a slimey trail? Could be slugs. You could surround the area with crushed egg shells, or go out first thing in the morning and pick them off then sprinkle with salt. There is also chemical and natural slug pellets that'll kill them.

It's an ongoing "battle of the slugs" that a lot of us here are fighting! [Razz] [Eek!]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by ros on June 21, 2006 05:35 AM
Not sure if you got my reply or not. Still not understanding just how this system works. I know this isnt slugs, trail is not the same and is too small. Like the color has been sucked out of the leaf. Only about a sixteenth of an inch wide and curves around instead of straight lines. It is getting worse overnite. Sprays dont seem to work at all. Help!!!!! [dunno]
by joclyn on June 21, 2006 11:02 AM
could you post a picture of the leaves? actually seeing what's going on sometimes can help with identifying what the problem is...
by dodge on June 23, 2006 03:08 PM
roz

Put out a pan of beer , at nite.. if something appears in the pan you might find out??

I heard it works.

dodge [muggs]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Clematis Confusion| Next thread: Clematis help please.... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: