The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

More Bargains (roses)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: More Babies| Next thread: More Birdie Buddies »
Back to Thread index
by Pianolady on June 10, 2006 06:10 PM
I wasn't even planning to look at roses, really I wasn't! But, I found an 'Intrigue' rose at Walmart, and that was one I'd been looking for, so I bought it (potted). Got to the register and it was $3.50, and it even looked healthy! Hmmm....

After further investigation, only the bar codes ending in 06 were $3.50, ending in 07 were $6. So, I started weeding through all the roses looking for 06 bar codes. Came home with Intrigue, New Day, Proud Land & Pink Peace. I can't believe I put back Sunsprite and a few others because I didn't want to pay $6! [Roll Eyes]

-
by Triss on June 10, 2006 06:26 PM
Sounds like a GREAT deal was to be had there! Congrats on those!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by patches1414 on June 10, 2006 07:29 PM
Wonderful find Pianolady! [thumb] I'm not into roses, but I've been able to find some really great buys on other plants and bushes at Wal-Mart when they start marking their plants down. [Wink]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by patches1414 on June 10, 2006 07:31 PM
Wonderful find Pianolady! [thumb] I'm not into roses, but I've been able to find some really great buys on other plants and bushes at Wal-Mart when they start marking their plants down. [Wink] Home Depot and Lowe's here do the same thing, but it seems they tend to do it a little later than Wal-Mart. [Frown]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by netty on June 11, 2006 12:31 AM
Great deal! I would have jumped at the chance to get roses for $6 !!! I wanted to put in a rose garden this year...even dug it up. By the time I was done, I would have needed 10-12 roses to fill it. Roses (potted) here run from $15.99 to $24.99 and X 12 it wasn't in the budget!! I filled the garden with annuals and spare perennials!! I'll be looking for end of season sales to get my roses...

-
 -
by tamara on June 11, 2006 12:43 AM
Wow, our roses at regular price are 3$-6$ they get marked down to 1$-$2 in the fall, I bought 4 last year. Must be a break for us since were paying $5 a gallon for gas to go get them [Big Grin]

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: More Babies| Next thread: More Birdie Buddies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: