The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

HELP

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Help!!| Next thread: help »
Back to Thread index
by franca on November 23, 2005 01:49 AM
I need some big help for my peace lilly(spathiphyllum) I don't know what to do anymore. The leave on the plant look like they are burnt at the edges. Some leaves have turned yellow. My house is alway between 65-70 degrees and I don't keep the plant in a draft. I don't over water it. I am at a lost please help. What can I do?
by peppereater on November 29, 2005 11:42 PM
Franca...sorry we've overlooked your post. Those symptoms sound to me like overwatering. How long have you had this plant? What is it planted in? Have you fertilized lately? Fertilizer burn could explain these symptoms, but I doubt it.
by obywan59 on November 30, 2005 12:49 AM
I just looked this up in one of my houseplant books. Too much fertilizer or too little water can cause brown leaf tips. Keep the soil evenly moist and try fertilizing only every other month.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by obywan59 on November 30, 2005 12:53 AM
Here is some information I just found at The Garden Helper.

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/peacelily.htm

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by franca on December 08, 2005 11:00 AM
I have had the plant for 3 years now. I don't over water it. It is planted in a large pot in the house. It seems to be getting worse. I think I may lose it. I am going to try to replant it into a larger pot. I think the plant doesn't have enough room. I can see the roots right on top.
by joclyn on December 09, 2005 12:33 PM
you might need to water it a bit more often than you currently are - repotting isn't such a bad idea tho. if it's been in the same pot for 3 years, it's probably time for a change.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Help!!| Next thread: help »
Back to Thread index