The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

bacterial wilt

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Bacterial Spot on peaches| Next thread: bad dirt on hibiscus tree »
Back to Thread index
by pagarden on July 20, 2004 06:06 AM
i am pretty sure this is what's wrong with my cuke plants. i started out with 8 and i have only 4 left. yes, we had cucumber beetles, not so many lately though. one or two every few days. i pulled up the plants as they go limp. i still have a few strong ones and i'm hoping the didn't get it cause i would love some fresh cukes this summer! anyhow- my questions is this- will it spread to the others through the soil? should i pull up all the plants- even the strong ones? or should i just do what i'm doing now and when i see it start to wilt pull it. yes- it flops down in the day and overnight perks back up. and i've had a few leaves turn brown and shrivel- it looks like they were help too close to a flame. oh and- will the wilt live over winter in the soil? help......
by weezie13 on July 22, 2004 09:31 PM
pagarden,
If you do a FORUM SEARCH on Bacterial Wilt,
you'll come up with alot of helpful hints...
Also type cucumber's or bugs/pests...

And Phil and Papito can also give you some more info on it.

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by weezie13 on July 31, 2004 05:48 AM
PAGarden,
How did you make out with some info??
Anything help your situation????
Just checkin' in on your post to see how
everything's coming along!!!

Weezie

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by pagarden on August 01, 2004 10:42 PM
well, i didn't find anything that i didn't already know, but thanks! i ended up pulling out more and have only 1 plant left. but i am just about ready to pick my first cuke tonight for cucumber and tomato salad. [Smile] there are 3 more smaller ones on there and the plant has grown enormous! but yesterday i noticed a few of the bottom leaves wilting over. UGH! i suppose since it's my last one i can just leave it right? and the cukes should be ready soon! next year i will try to prevent the cucumber bettles instead of waiting and then trying to just control them! [Wink]
by weezie13 on August 01, 2004 10:55 PM
pagarden,
Good [thinker] !!! [thumb]

Phil uses a white fabric like that you can drape over your plants when you first plant them, and
it cover's them up, letting in sunlight, air and rain water, but semi~prevents the bugs from getting on the flowers!!!
Remay I believe it was!!!

Oh Philllllll????????????????????????
Was that right???????

Weezie

Weezie

-
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bacterial Spot on peaches| Next thread: bad dirt on hibiscus tree »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: