The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pepper buds falling off

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: pepper babies| Next thread: pepper complaint »
Back to Thread index
by pagarden on June 29, 2004 05:26 AM
my bell and cubanelle (when i planted them i mixed them up so i don't know exactly which one is losing it's buds yet...) pepper plants have been losing buds. they formed several and i was so excited but then the flower never opened and it turned yellow, and fell right off. any ideas? the plants are healthy- strong trunks, lots of full green leaves, full sun, enough water, and fed them general plant food probably every other week. it did get chilly a few nights (not freezing though- i think in the low 50's) and i was wondering if that will do it?
by ClodHopper on June 29, 2004 09:36 PM
PA,
I had the same problem but it was just one plant at the very end of the row...... [thinker] Then I caught my dog peeing on it and figured out that's what caused it. [Mad] Probably not causing your problem, but amusing nonetheless.
[grin]

Hook em'
by obywan59 on June 30, 2004 08:33 AM
Yes on the chilly nights. I've read not to set peppers out until the night temperatures are consistently 55 degrees or better.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by pagarden on July 01, 2004 05:05 AM
thanks- that's what i was thinking. it's not usually that chilly in june though so it was just a freak thing- although i sure did like sleeping with the windows open! LOL

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: pepper babies| Next thread: pepper complaint »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: