The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My Plants - Part 1

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: My Plants| Next thread: My plants came today...HELP!!!! »
Back to Thread index
by Stupe on October 21, 2005 10:57 AM
here, as promised, the plants currently i'm babying and trying to make them thrive. Sorry if some of the plants looked miserable as this is my first time at hand gardening.

Wifey made a joke about me and told her friends about me joining a gardening forum [Big Grin]

The Calathea (what variant is this?)
 -

The Rose Picta which i trimmed off all *sunburned* leaves.
 -

The Aloe Vera that is given by my Mum In Law, bigger version is at her place, it's huge! Please note the pot in the background, i had placed 2 onions and one ginger(which beginining to leaves)!
 -

Pandanus, also commonly known as screw pine to some of you expert.
 -

Stupe
by Stupe on October 21, 2005 10:59 AM
This is Part 2 of the posting, i've broken the posting up into 2 parts as the limit is 8 pictures and perhaps it might be kinder to dial up users.

Many thanks!

Part 2:

The Still healthy looking Mini Syngonium, or am i wrong, i mistakenly ID-ed it as Fittonia! Silly me.
 -

The Mini Syngonium that had root rot, repotted it after washing off the old soil and trimming off all mushed up stem and leaves, will it Live On?
 -

The Money Tree or Pachira Aquatica...going strong in my room.
 -

And last, but not least, my Corn Plant or Dracaena fragrans , sitting pretty in the kitchen
 -

Stupe
by comfrey on October 21, 2005 11:55 AM
Your plants look great to me...compared to my indoor plants...I can grow stuff outdoors, but house plants do not make it, unless they need no care [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on October 21, 2005 08:55 PM
[thumb] looks like you are doing a great job with your plants! and your arrow head looks like it is already starting to recover, as well as the rose picta! good job, and tell the wife, she should be proud that she has a man who isn't afraid to ask questions!
by Stupe on October 24, 2005 10:07 AM
Updates:

1. Mini Arrowhead suffered total lost, savaged what i could, the rot was really bad as some portion of the upper stem was filled with water and burst upon me pressing them.

2. the only leaf left on the rose picta wilted...so, now, it's 100% bald.

sigh...

Jiffy, she is teasing me less now, the other day, mum in law sprinkled too much fertiliser on her lawn and resulted in some patches of yellow dead *ferti-burned* greens...told her what was it, and she's impressed.. ;-) thanks to all of you here!

Stupe
by Jiffymouse on October 24, 2005 08:30 PM
[thumb] that's the ticket! good luck with your plants and keep us posted. i hate it about the arrow head. i don't have a lot of luck with those either...
by Stupe on October 26, 2005 12:08 PM
i think i'll cancel arrowhead out of my must have plants.

proceeding to seek advise on mother in law's tongue and also perhaps a palm tree...

lets hope the rose picta will grow back. Am i cutting away the right way? the cut stems seems to be drying up...

been more careful with watering and only water when the soil is dry when i insert my fingers up to 1 inch into the soil.

Stupe
by Jiffymouse on October 26, 2005 12:39 PM
they will. that's ok. and mother in law's tongue is easy if you don't over water. it kinda likes to get dry. but loves the humidity. go figure!
by Stupe on October 28, 2005 10:44 AM
LOL...

sounds like Mother Out law already...wants the best for her daughter, but at the same time, forbid the daughter from being overzealous with everything the son in law does...

can't win all the time huh?

My ginger plant is coming up great, after a week in the soil, the plant seems to be budding with new growth spurt.

Stupe
by Jiffymouse on October 28, 2005 10:54 AM
[thumb]
by Stupe on November 07, 2005 05:53 PM
the shallot is sprucing so many shoots now!

the mini sygnonium RIP already, did all i could, but the root rot was really bad...

sigh...

Stupe
by comfrey on November 08, 2005 04:00 AM
Sounds like you are doing great Stupe! [thumb] There are some plants that are hard to grow for some people and others don't have to work at it and they thrive for them, so don't get discouraged.

-
 -
by Stupe on November 21, 2005 02:55 PM
thanks comfrey.

i'm still baby-ing the rosepicta, it's been almost a month since and there is no sign of life after i trimmed off all the dried leaves.

The syngonium has since left me and i've replaced it with some ivy plants, which i nick from the roadside and it's thriving well.

Stupe

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: My Plants| Next thread: My plants came today...HELP!!!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: