The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Need help with my bleeding heart

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by cinnamon on May 10, 2006 09:46 AM
No not my heart but my plant it's much smaller that it should be also it kind of yellowish the leaves that is. What could be the problem?

Cinnamon
"If you take time to pray, God has time to listen"
by loz on May 10, 2006 12:32 PM
How big is it right now? Do you have it in full shade? Have you been getting a lot of rain lately????

Is this the first year you've had it, or have you had it a while????
by patches1414 on May 10, 2006 01:46 PM
Cinnamon, my bleeding hearts started off small the first year and they just keep getting bigger and bigger each year. [thumb] Do you have it planted in a place that gets good drainage? One year when we got drenched with more rain than the soil could handle the leaves on mine turned yellow too. [Frown]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by cinnamon on May 10, 2006 11:28 PM
It was very large last year so we split it up and moved it. It get a lot of sun and it has good drainage. It does have a fair amount of flowers, I'd say it's about 18" tall.

Cinnamon
"If you take time to pray, God has time to listen"
by loz on May 10, 2006 11:31 PM
Most types of bleeding hearts prefer mostly shade/full shade....maybe it's getting to much direct sunlight???

It might still get bigger, mine just kept growing and growing....And since you split it maybe it's just going to take another year or so until it gets to the size your used to. [dunno]

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: