The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

mystery garden...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Mystery Flowers| Next thread: Mystery Herb...or at least to Me »
Back to Thread index
by Jiffymouse on April 07, 2004 09:20 PM
ok, i had 18 peat pots in a flat with all these pretty little shoots coming up. i dutifully drew out a chart so that i would know what was in each pot because i am being a very timid gardener and only planting a couple of each thing. you know, one hill of zucini, one cucumber, 2 watermelon, etc.

well, 2 things happened.

1 - my dog knocked over the flat and i have no clue what is what (except the watermelons and a castor bean!)

2 - i lost my chart, so i am not even sure what is in the pots!

so... if i can post pictures (as soon as i get the camera back from daughter) can anyone help me identify the plants from their leaves? there aren't 18 left, some didn't grow, frost got 2, but... i know that there is a yellow wax bean, a cucumber (i think), a blackeye pea (cowpea), and Lord knows what else 'cause i don't [dunno]

but i do need to know how to "pot them up" when the time is right!
by weezie13 on April 07, 2004 10:41 PM
Jiffy,
Not that this will identify them now,
but the next time thru, get different pots,
I got some purple round ones, black square one's,
short green one's, round green one's, and then I know which plants I planted in the colored or shaped pots.
And NOT that I do it, but keep a copy of any charts on your 'puter, or at least scan it, or copy it!!!
Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Jiffymouse on April 08, 2004 03:24 AM
weezie, you are a genius! i do have a copy of at least part of it saved! on the computer!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Mystery Flowers| Next thread: Mystery Herb...or at least to Me »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: