The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bamboo Palm becoming

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: bamboo or lucky bamboo?| Next thread: Bamboo Plant »
Back to Thread index
by GardenGuy_Gardener on January 28, 2006 09:15 AM
I hav a bamboo palm that i love so much! but suddenly some of its lower leaves are showing white streaks near the base of each individual frond. Its not irregular either. Each streak is excatly identical to the other! can someone please tell me whats up? thanks!

-
The good thing about snow is that it makes your yard look just like your neighbors! [Big Grin]
by weezie13 on February 10, 2006 04:43 AM
Up!!!

Anyone?????

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Cricket on February 10, 2006 08:53 AM
Can you provide photos of the problem or a more detailed description?

Bamboo palms (Chamadorea erumpens) are prone to spider mites. Could this be the problem?
by murphyette on February 10, 2006 09:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cricket:
Can you provide photos of the problem or a more detailed description?

Bamboo palms (Chamadorea erumpens) are prone to spider mites. Could this be the problem?

I was thinking fungus or bugs too. Don't spider mites leave powdery type stuff in the crooks of the plant? Or am I thinking of something else?

Jody
by GardenGuy_Gardener on February 12, 2006 01:41 AM
But its not powdery and they'res nothing wrong with it. I cant post a pic b/c my digital camera isnt working [tears] . It seems like its becoming verigated which is weird but can that happen?

-
The good thing about snow is that it makes your yard look just like your neighbors! [Big Grin]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: bamboo or lucky bamboo?| Next thread: Bamboo Plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: