The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

PLEASE help my catus

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by Amber Petersen on September 21, 2005 09:15 PM
Does anyone know why my catus died? It’s turned all brown and mushie on one side. I bought it from a grocery store where it wasn’t in any sun at all but in the month between when I first spotted it and when I bought it, it had put on a bunch of growth. I’ve been watering it a little bit every week but not a lot. I definitely wasn’t OVER watering. I thought it needed more sun so I moved it to another room and it seemed to get worse. I’m sure that there is no coming back but I would still like to know what I did wrong....Thanks AM

-
Amber
by tkhooper on September 21, 2005 09:42 PM
Dear Amber you never need to water a cactus in most climates they will get plenty of water from the air. And yes they do need to be in a south facing window.
by gomerp618 on September 21, 2005 10:28 PM
I water my cactus only once every 2 weeks or so, except for the seeds I am growing of course. I keep mine in the north window right now, but they will be moved to a south window when I finish getting my "growing room" set up in my spare bedroom

Lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks I am!
by Amber Petersen on September 22, 2005 12:46 AM
(first of all, thanks for the patience with the new kid)Okay...So I watered it too much?and I don't have a south window... or a west window for that matter. I really love cacti, but should I maybe give up on the idea until I move, because of light issues?

-
Amber
by gomerp618 on September 22, 2005 11:10 AM
Amber, I wouldn't say give up on them because of that. Mine are doing great in the north window. I was just saying that I will be moving them to a south window soon when I get my plant room set up for them. I also have some in an east window. I love cactus and succulents and have many different types. They are pretty adaptable actually and if you back off on the water and it seems to be doing fine, then don't worry about what window you put it in as long as it is getting a good amount of light through that window.

Lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks I am!
by mrsrancesongs on September 25, 2005 02:49 AM
JUst water much less often is my opinion...now go out and buy another! Good Luck!!!! :>)

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: