The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

rose sucker in my peony?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Rose seeds| Next thread: Rose that won't die, but always a problem »
Back to Thread index
by Mrs.Spud on May 02, 2006 04:42 AM
yesterday I fiddled with the peonies coming up, one has two or three shoots of rose coming up from the same spot. I don't see a root ball or anything telling me there should be a rose planted there.

Should I try to dig the rose to find the ball and transplant or should I just cut it back?

Mrs.Spud: Idaho Mom
by Mrs.Spud on May 02, 2006 04:43 AM
PS. Hubby mowed a peony (I think) some of the shoots are coming back up...will the peony recover? Its at the base of a sapling of some sort, I didn't even know it was a peony.

Mrs.Spud: Idaho Mom
by Wrennie on May 03, 2006 02:08 AM
i lived in a house where my 'then' boyfriend weed wacked his peonies for years before I got there and told him what they were. They'll be fine.
If you cut back the rose it will just keep coming back. Unless you paint the cut end with something like brush be gone to kill it.
If you want to save it you'll have to dig and seperate it from the peony and replant them both. There may not be a rose root ball if its a runner from another plant. Are you sure its a rose? It could be a berry a bird dropped a seed from.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Rose seeds| Next thread: Rose that won't die, but always a problem »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: