The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

They're Growing!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: they're eating my herbs!| Next thread: They're Pink Again! »
Back to Thread index
by hisgal2 on February 08, 2004 10:57 PM
I just looked at the seeds that I started on Wednesday night and they are ALL starting to peak out of the seeds!!! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to get out to the garden now!! [grin]

-
 -

-
by Flower on February 09, 2004 12:14 AM
[thumb] [thumb] Yippie!! [thumb] [thumb]

Sure is exciting when they start growing!

-
by plants 'n pots on February 09, 2004 12:30 AM
It's so exciting watching those babies poke their heads through the soil! [Cool]
Can't wait to start mine, but I'll wait til mid-March here. [thumb]

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Barb H. on February 09, 2004 09:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer Vermeire:
I just looked at the seeds that I started on Wednesday night and they are ALL starting to peak out of the seeds!!! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to get out to the garden now!! [grin]
Which ones did you start?! Congratulations!!!!

-
by hisgal2 on February 09, 2004 11:56 PM
I started Rosemary, Winter Thyme, Greek Oregano, Lobelia, and Dianthus. They are the ones that take the longest to grow before I can transplant them. On the 22nd, I will start the Sage, Catnip, Basil, and Eggplant.

-
 -

-
by Flower on February 12, 2004 05:10 PM
Well......how are they doing now??? [grin]

-
by Jiffymouse on February 12, 2004 05:18 PM
[thumb] good going jennifer! the cantalope seeds i planted on the 4th are peeking out! I am so happy my self. going to start some baby's breath today. and some squash if i can remember where i put the seeds [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
by hisgal2 on February 13, 2004 12:08 AM
They are doing great! The Lobelia are just over an inch tall now! The Rosemary got a mold, so I'm going to have to start those over, but the rest are doing great. I'm thinking about starting my Sweat Pea tonight so that they are a pretty good length by the time I get them outside. [Smile]

-
 -

-
by gardengal on February 13, 2004 12:16 AM
I'm going to start some this weekend. I can't wait!! I'm also going to do some cuttings and get them going. I have a crazy idea for a new planting bed in the front yard. It won't cost me anything, just some labor (by me and I work cheap) and I could have more room for my babies.

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by Jillie on February 13, 2004 12:18 AM
Ooooh, I love Lobelia! Our Iris & tulips are sprouting, all crowdy in pots on the patio. [thumb]

-
 -
by Flower on February 13, 2004 12:28 AM
.....your making me want to start some seeds...but it is way too early here. Sigh. But I sure do love hearing about things that are growing in your southern gardens!

-
by Barb H. on February 14, 2004 04:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jiffymouse:
[thumb] good going jennifer! the cantalope seeds i planted on the 4th are peeking out! I am so happy my self. going to start some baby's breath today. and some squash if i can remember where i put the seeds [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Jiffy,
Baby's Breath is wonderful! Where do you plant this in your garden? Do you underplant under roses? How do you group them? I'm curious how they look in the garden.

-
by Jiffymouse on February 14, 2004 05:57 AM
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] barb, i do good to have a garden. i am working on a raised bed, just figured out how i want to plant it. i will have time tomorrow to actually get some work done in the yard tomorrow for a change.
by hisgal2 on February 17, 2004 04:02 AM
The moldy Rosemary seeds have actually produced some sprouts! Who would have thought that I might have been able to give life to something that was dead.....ish(?) hehe Itsa miracle. Only a couple sprouted, but that's really all that I need. I'm not asking for much from them!

I never got down to the basement to start the Sweet Pea. I'm going to try to get down there tomorrow to start a large bunch of seeds. This past week has been entirely too busy for me! [nutz]

We're leaving for a week long vacation next weekend...I'm scared to leave my babies in someone else's hands!!! [scaredy]

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: they're eating my herbs!| Next thread: They're Pink Again! »
Back to Thread index